Meredith: Keeper of the Sea

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Surgery is Over

Meredith is out of surgery and has been moved to the PICU. Overall she is doing well. The plan is to keep her sedated and comfortable for the night to give her body a chance to recover from the shock of surgery. An interesting note: Meredith did not, and subsequently does not, have a VSD. We had been told by cardiologists both here and in Cleveland that she had a VSD. However, upon visual examination she did not have one. The best explanation I have been given so far is that they do not know. I have not yet spoken with our regular cardiologist, but expect to get some sort of an explanation from him.


-Chip

5 Comments:

  • At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SHANER FAMILY OUR HEARTS GO OUT TO YOU AND ARE PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU FOR A WELL RECOVERY OF THAT BEAUTIFUL ANGEL THAT DARLING KEEPER OF THE SEA, GOD BLESS YOU!
    ENTIRE ,OLSON LAW OFFICE

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so glad to hear that all went well. I knew it would. You are in my prayers.

     
  • At 3:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can you hear the chears from all over the country and Canada? The BlottoBabes have been praying and will continue for a full recovery and happy, healthy little Meredith.
    MeeMaw Cheri is keeping us up to date on Meredith and we are blessed and inspired to hear of your families strength.
    Love and our best wishes to you, Chip and the whole family.

     
  • At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chip and Stephanie,
    Praise be to God! Mom and I are so very thankful to God that the surgery went well. We and many of our friends and family continue to pray for a full and complete recovery. Mom and I are also praying for all of your other children too.

    As for the VSD not being there, I am thankful for God's intervention on Meredith's behalf and I am grateful for the knowledge and skill that God gave to Dr. Hawkins and his surgical team.

    Mom and I love you both.

    DAD

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I called mom yesterday afternoon to see if we knew anything and heard the details I just read. I thought about you all day and had a constant prayer for you and your family and the dr as well. I am so happy that everything went better than anticipated. Our kids even remembered to give thanks at prayer last night. What a blessing...Love to you Chip and Steph
    Cris

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Looking for the beginning? Check out the links to the archives in the links section.

Site Meter