Meredith: Keeper of the Sea

Thursday, December 15, 2005

No More Breathing Tube :)

About 5 minutes ago Meredith's breathing tube was removed. She was not happy about it, which was good. She appears to be breathing ok on her own. Her face is still a little swollen and she cannot open her eyes very far. She also had some other tube removed that went into her heart, but I do remember its name nor its function. Meredith still has several IVs, her art line, a line into her jugular, 3 chest tubes, and temporary pacemaker leads. I am sure that I am forgetting something. My point is that while having her breathing tube removed is definite progress, she still has a ways to go.


-Chip

1 Comments:

  • At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The poor little lamb. But yes, good news for sure. I imagine all that paraphernalia is scarey to see on your babe but everything sounds good so far.
    You are all still in our prayers and I bet the big sisters and brothers are anxious to get you all home again.
    Love from the BlottoBabes

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Looking for the beginning? Check out the links to the archives in the links section.

Site Meter